Project Title: The Capabilities of a Leap Motion Controlled VR Game
The aim of this project were to identify how the user experience of a Leap Motion controlled game compares with conventional controllers and identify what makes a good gesture control system. Objectives were the design and development of a Leap Motion Controlled VR game, investigation, and implementation of a gesture control framework, and critically evaluating the user experience of a Leap Motion controlled VR game.
A Leap Motion and Oculus compatible game was successfully developed using the Unity engine, Ultraleap modules, and Oculus integration packages. Using the game developed as a testing medium, user experience results for Leap Motion Controller are as follows:
– Controls were less obstructive,
– Slightly higher performance among users,
– Perceived as more exciting and innovative
In contrast, Oculus Touch controllers:
– Were simpler to use,
– Imposed less physical and mental strain,
– Induced less frustration and time pressure in users when performing tasks.